Our history as a nation is a topic that should be taught in schools, so we can learn from our mistakes and not repeat them. margin-bottom:16px; Im concerned with the general direction that the public education system is taking in our country. padding:7px 8px 8px; Respiratory Therapist - Part-Time - PM Shift To use my past experience to help lead the district in assessing our current facilities and how to address them in the upcoming phase of district growth. display: inline-block; By accepting our use of cookies, your data will be aggregated with all other user data. .image-candidate-thumbnail-wrapper .image-candidate-thumbnail { This change will also save our parents or students on post-secondary costs! Now it's his mission to inspire future innovators. width: 43%; Previously, Joe was a Board Member at De Pere Baseball Read More Contact Joe Rukamp's Phone Number and Email Last Update 2/24/2023 9:05 PM Email j***@wdpsd.com Engage via Email Contact Number (920) ***-**** More:Here's what De Pere School Board candidates think on funding, achievement and curriculum, More:Nonpartisan in name only, Wisconsin Supreme Court race has political overtones. })(); See also: Ballotpedia's Candidate Connection. Cities | Dec 01, 2019 - Jan 07, 2020. font-weight: 100; However, we need to remain vigilant in stopping the spread of Covid-19. Jeff Dickert (De Pere School District Board of Education At-large Showings to start Thursday 7-28-22 after 1pm. Highest level of education: Bachelor's degree in elementary education from St. Norbert College. I will address this issue by participating in focus groups to determine where our tax dollars need to be spent on what facilities. Address: The GroundTruth Project, Lockbox Services, 9450 SW Gemini Dr, PMB 46837, Beaverton, Oregon 97008-7105. .survey-result {padding:10px;} West De Pere High School De Pere, WI USA Tuesday February 14, 2023 . .top_disclaimer { } font-weight: bold; How to run for office | Mark Meneau: 1,606: 24 %Melissa Niffenegger: 1,592: 24 %Jeff Dickert: . The top four vote-getters will be on ballot for general election ballot in April. I attended public school in Virginia and inner-city Philadelphia, experiencing both rural and urban education; safe and dangerous environments. Computer Coding should be infused into our curriculum beginning in kindergarten. Hindrichs: I believe that quality public education is one of the most important rights necessary to a functional republic; I want our schools to be number one in the state, not in the hundreds, and not in the thirties. } The vice president, treasurer, and clerk receive $3,400, and the president receives $3,600. Faced with reelection this April, many Brown County school board incumbents are leaving the 2023 school board election cycle open to newcomers in some major school districts. }. Our current space is very dated and inadequate to provide the necessary learning opportunities for those that want to pursue those careers. Check back for updates throughout the evening.

My day to day is spent understanding the competing needs and desires of stakeholders: executives, frontline workers, unions and shareholders; then moving them towards a common goal that benefits everyone. According to state test scores, 46% of students are at least proficient in math and 45% in reading. Ive talked to many parents in the district and the main concern is the lack of transparency. Relevant experience: Parent, grandparent, taxpayer and resident of the West De Pere School District and a member of the School Board for the past 20 years. The virus is here in our City and neighboring region, and spreading at unsafe levels. With the omicron variant being the mildest strain yet, it is time for the schools to begin rapidly tapering their COVID policies into our historical policies for the flu. James Boyd, the Mayor of De Pere, also issued a statement regarding the health departments stance: I fully support the De Pere Health Departments unwavering stance that in-person learning should not be conducted currently in our City, Mayor Boyd said. click here to fill out Ballotpedia's 2023 Candidate Connection survey, https://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php?title=Jeff_Dickert_(De_Pere_School_District_Board_of_Education_At-large,_Wisconsin,_candidate_2023)&oldid=9071556, 2023 United States school district candidates, De Pere School District Board of Education At-large candidate, 2023, Conflicts in school board elections, 2021-2022, Special Congressional elections (2023-2024), 2022 Congressional Competitiveness Report, State Executive Competitiveness Report, 2022, State Legislative Competitiveness Report, 2022, Partisanship in 2022 United States local elections. } display: inline; I was born and raised in this community and know what its people stand for. .inner_percentage, .inner_percentage.Nonpartisan, .inner_percentage.Independent, .inner_percentage.Constitution, .inner_percentage.unknown { margin-bottom: 0px; .results_table { } display: inline-block; } The candidates are incumbents Scott Borley and Barbara Van. West De Pere School District is a highly rated, public school district located in DE PERE, WI. State legislature | .widget-row.heading { } .image-candidate-thumbnail-wrapper { margin-bottom: 4px; } Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100075907335669. As a parent, I am keenly aware of issues in our district that dont match our communitys shared values. background-color: #6db24f; The meeting is scheduled for 8 p.m. in the West De Pere High School auditorium. But here's what else they get. Some responses were lightly edited for clarity and to meet the word requirement. As Action 2 News previously reported, the latest emergency order issued by the state was halted by a judge earlier this week after the Tavern League of Wisconsin filed a lawsuit looking to block the emergency order. The organized in response to a statement the city of De Pere and its health department made on Friday advising against in-person learning. DE PERE - Voters will narrow the field for the West De Pere School Board in the February primary. Out of the 694 candidates who completed Ballotpedia's candidate survey, 147 won their election. .outer_percentage { Having lived in many states and overseas, I also have a wide vantage point as to how different strategies might benefit our district and that diversity in thought and experience is an asset. LaBouv did not respond to three messages from The Press Times seeking his input. .race_header.libertarian { PDF Notice of April 5, 2022 Spring Non Partisan Election and Special Election HOWARD-SUAMICO SCHOOL BOARD Three seats. I know public schools inside and out and how they tick. .results_table_container { The district needs to continue to be responsive as we address the changing landscape of education today. background-color: #003388; float: right; .contact_entity {font-size: 1.0em ;margin-top: 0.6em; margin-bottom: 0em; margin-right: 0.5em;} } margin-right: 12px; .external_links_table { width: auto !important; } Location: Aurora St. Luke's Southshore:5900 S. Lake Dr, Cudahy. Dickert: De Pere is a growing school district. We need to make sure that we are listening to our staffs concerns and giving them the support and resources that they need to be world-class educators. } The two winners of the April 4 election will replace David Youngquist and Doug Seeman, who serve as president and vice president, respectively. } We need to make this an expectation. text-align: center; What do you feel are three of the biggest issues in the Unified School District of De Pere, and how will you address them? Additionally, I can see things from a different perspective than other candidates who do not have school-aged children in our district. If I am elected, I will work to ensure our district can keep growing without sacrificing the quality of our children's education and work to create more opportunities for family events in the community. Parental choice and input into the curriculum, along with keeping spending under control are the biggest issues with the residents. Copyright 2022 Multi Media Channels LLC. .widget-value { Five candidates were. The curriculum taught in the schools needs community oversight and approval. I served in the Army from 2002-2009 as an Network/Server Engineer and Help Desk Supervisor, spending time in North Carolina, Germany, Iraq, and Afghanistan. Most of the candidates got similar number of votes with Mark Meneau taking the lead with 1,606. I have resided here since 1996 and I am active in volunteering my time in the school district. color: white; We want to ensure all of our kids become productive members of society whether they are pursuing a trade or going to school, technology education needs to be front and center. He previously served on the De Pere School Board from 2010-2022 as treasurer and vice president. Apprenticeships and early college credits would be standard practice for our students in their junior and senior year. This will take not only highly trained personnel, but also new technology for the students that will allow them to keep up with their peers. In the beginning, when much was unknown, I was OK with the schools mitigation strategies. What do you feel are three of the biggest issues in the district and how will you address them? top: 0px; Noteworthy respondents included Virginia Governor. It is easier to build on foundations at a young age. West De Pere School Board candidates share why they're running, their .non_result_row { Yes I do. Ballot measures, Who represents me? Their message states the CDC lists the area as producing more than 1,000 new positive COVID-19 cases within the past 14 days per 100,000 people. Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. Why that's a problem and what can be done about it. What are the residents telling you are their most important issues, and how would you address them? All of our students should trust that our educational curriculum is appropriate for them and that they are learning material that will give them the proper understanding of that material. .infobox p { I feel families should make the decision on whether to keep their child home from school and children should not be questioned by school staff concerning potential COVID symptoms. The West DePere School Board Forum is from 6:30 to 7:15 p.m. March 15. left: 0px; West De Pere School Board: Vaccinated, symptom-free staff don't need to quarantine if family member has positive COVID-19 test .results_row.winner { height: 22px; Shifts will be scheduled at the DePere clinic and Sturgeon Bay clinic to cover PTO/open shifts, mileage provided for Sturgeon Bay. North Carolina A&T State University Greensboro, North Carolina NEW! } DE PERE, Wis. (WBAY) - West De Pere School Board members met for three hours Saturday night to hear from parents, students, and teachers over the decision to allow children back to the classroom. NEW! Niffenegger: Like many families in northeast Wisconsin, my husband and I moved our family to the Unified School District of De Pere so our children could experience De Pere's quality of education. I joined the Army at 17 with the intent to ship out after graduation, but received a Presidential nomination to the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, earning a B.S. Answers have been lightly edited for formatting and grammar. Head Men's Basketball Coach. What are residents telling you are their most important issues, and how would you address them? height: 56px; Garantie et livraison gratuite Authentique garanti Sarcasme chargement .hideResponses { display: none;} I urge everyone in in the City of De Pere businesses, schools, community groups and residents alike to remain proactive in supporting and maintaining safe conditions in our City.. There is always room for improvement. Candidates from 36 states completed the survey. Everyone deserves the best opportunity for a high-quality education. It is our duty to create a safe and inclusive environment for all students. The candidates. (PDF) Les usages du droit dans les communauts utopiques aux Etats-Unis We need to look ahead and design learning programs that will advance our students in any career they would like to continue with after graduation. The district has gone back and forth on this too many times, and it creates too much animosity. Like most, I thought that it would be short-lived, and wed be able to return to normal soon. } I have a number of years of experience in federal, county, and school district governments. Relevant experience: Ive been working with the community for 24 years.
   .contact_entity {font-size: 1.5em ;margin-top: 0.6em; margin-bottom: 0em;margin-right: 0.5em;} The primary will knock out one of the candidates. I know public school curriculum, finance, operations, etc. In the coming years, I would like to look at where we can make some tweaks to keep our school number one in Green Bay and rise higher in Wisconsin. I believe parental choice is very important. More:Our classrooms are increasingly diverse, yet 9 of 10 teachers are white. 	.mw-body #mw-content-text .votebox .race_header h5.votebox-header-election-type { Elections in 2023 | 400 Reid St, Ste W. De Pere, WI 54115. 		font-style: italic; 		background-color: #dac113; If students are not comfortable with topics that may be sensitive to them, they should have that right to opt out of that lesson. .panel-heading:hover { cursor: pointer;} div.oneoff-scrollbox.regular {  height:400px;  overflow:scroll;  margin:20px;  padding:10px;  border:1px solid gray; } You can directly support her work with a tax-deductible donation atGreenBayPressGazette.com/RFAor by check made out to The GroundTruth Project with subject line Report for America Green Bay Press Gazette Campaign. Relevant experience: Born and raised in west De Pere, graduate class of 1997 with two children and three nephews currently in West De Pere schools. 	} Most residents want to keep critical race theory out of schools. The high school should have a career, college, and citizen preparation focus as each student and their family design their future. Board members serve for three years and get $3,200 for serving. His campaign website is the Wolf for School Board Facebook page. The update is listed below. 	display: block; Nonpartisan primary for De Pere School District Board of Education At-large (2 seats) Jeff Dickert, Wolf Hindrichs, Mike LaBouve', Mark Meneau, and Melissa Niffenegger ran in the primary for De Pere School District Board of Education At-large on February 21, 2023. Noteworthy respondents included U.S. Representative, 694 candidates completed the survey in 2021. $('.collapse').collapse('hide');  		display: inline-block; De Pere, WI 54115 $17 - $20 an hour Full-time + 1 Monday to Friday Day shift + 3 more Easily apply The Caregiver provides personal care and periodic support to other resident focused services such as meal service, activities, and cleaning. As Action 2 News has previously reported, Wisconsin governor announces limit on public gatherings amid COVID-19 outbreak, Public File Assistance Contact - (920) 432-3331. $('.showResponses').hide(); I would like to see more local business involvement in offering opportunities that prepare our children for college and the workforce. Petition  Safe Schools In West De Pere  Change.org 		padding-left: 8px; Who fills out Ballotpedia's Candidate Connection survey? .widget-img { 		margin: 8px auto; Im running because I bring a fresh perspective, a level head, and a real desire to set our kids up for future success. The order limited public gatherings to no more than 25% of a room or buildings total occupancy. Here are the candidates running for the West De Pere School Board. 	} Everyone has now had ample time to reach their own conclusions on what is best for their families, therefore, they should be free to decide how they wish to deal with it. Ms Davidson says whanau can see how banks, building material suppliers and supermarkets profit from crisis, and those profits can be taxed. 	} Danielle DuClos is a Report for America corps member who covers K-12 education for the Green Bay Press-Gazette. In the state funding system, this is an advantage. 	.inner_percentage.Green { in Human Geography tracked in Environmental Engineering. 				overflow-y: auto; .widget-row.Green { The meeting is scheduled for 8 p.m. in the West De Pere High. Jeff Dickert   ran for election to the De Pere School District Board of Education At-large in Wisconsin. We need leaders on our School Board who understand that COVID has presented challenges to education that are more complex than one issue. I am a parent of three school-age boys. Physical safety on one hand and nondiscrimination on the other. 		letter-spacing: 0.03em; 			overflow-x: scroll; 	color: black; 

In 2017, Lipka received the Flavorist of the Year Award from the WFFC. Youngquist has served on the board since 2014, and Seeman has served since 2009. West De Pere School Board votes in favor of having students in class on Monday, Former Packer released from Marathon County Jail on cash bond, Fire destroys busses used for people with disabilities, Huge Telethon event kicks off Saturday evening at WBAY. display: block; The vice president, treasurer and clerk get $3,400 and the president gets $3,600. Hearing parent, teacher, student, and resident concerns about the last few years and our future, I believe I am well positioned to responsibly represent the interest of this community, having managed a project 40x larger than our city budget, experience in crisis management, and the ability to work alongside stakeholders for a winning end state. Vote for 2. While I always want more dollars from our state funding to come to education, the current system favors De Pere Public Schools. top: -1px; Melissa Niffenegger received 1,592 votes; Jeff Dickert got 1,554; and Wolf Hindrichs got 1,274. I would suggest that the district look at those students that are not performing well and concentrate on getting them back on track using multiple strategies that does include technology.
How Much Citrus Bioflavonoids Should I Take For Purpura, Volvo Brake Pedal Position Sensor Symptoms, Urban Dictionary: Glizzy, Sample Notice To Creditors After Death In Newspaper, Articles W