The St. Johns County Sheriff's Office says Jack Wheeler died after he was ejected from a car that crashed along Bishop Estates road around 3:00 am Sunday morning. American businessman and former White House aide (19442010), "Theological Reflections upon the Vietnam War", "Officials say defense consultant died from assault", "Body of US military expert found in Del. (More on that later). And yet, despite the high profile crime, and the veritable bounty of resources at the disposal of the myriad of investigative agencies, the mystery has gone unsolved for ten long years. There are also some conflicting reports as to whether Wheeler suffered a heart attack. Years later, her identity and her death remain a mystery. How do we create a person's profile? Some postulate that Jack Wheeler was hit by a car. Crime Life After Death John Wheeler was found in a Delaware landfill on New Year's Eve. Yet, the second guy, the murderer did not have the stomach for taking Wheeler's signature CIA Rolex nor his military ring. likely similar things were on the hands of his murderer.A big reason to know all about this mess is because of a poor cover-up, a diligent old inspector at the dump seeing the body, a police label of murder prior to knowing it is Wheeler, and all the videos. We were not able to do an interview with the Newark [Delaware] police department. Martha Lillie Wheeler Hamilton (1913-1952) - Mmorial Find a Grave And there have been quite a few clues to ponder. At 09:31, Jack sends an email to Mitre, advising them that his house has been burglarized, and that his cell phone, wallet, key fob, briefcase, and Mitre ID card have been stolen. He had also mentioned to a parking attendant that his briefcase had been stolen. Death Notices News - The Olympian The garbage inside causes numerous lacerations observed by the medical examiner. Netflix revealed images of Wheelers autopsy which lists several injuries, including a punctured lung, broken ribs, and bleeding in the head. However, no clear motive for the Jack Wheeler death was ever revealed in the Netflix documentary series. Also puzzling is that, on the morning of December 30, a neighbor noticed that - despite the couple being away - an upstairs window and side door were both open. Deaths connected to the Obama White House Several interviewees in the series reject this theory. From 1983 to 1987, he was chairman and CEO of Mothers Against Drunk Driving, and from 1993 until his death, he was the founding CEO of the Vietnam Children's Fund. Jack was being followed by someone who was paid to kill him: I have yet to hear a single shred of evidence to suggest someone was being paid to kill him. Rich people don't do shit like that. I think he was either attacked and beaten up, or he jumped from a moving vehicle. Sure. My father has driven a garbage truck since I was 5 years old. As a signatory to numerous NBC treaties, the US had no business making it and storing it in Pine Bluff, Arkansas, home of the Clinton Crime Syndicate. Lying on the floor, covered in powder, are Jack's ceremonial West Point sword and shield. While working for the Mitre Corporation, Wheeler was given some of the highest-clearance security possible, meaning that he was privy to many government secrets. Females under assault by guys rarely pull that stunt, and theyre in way better physical shape than HE was! Login or Sign-up to show all important data, death records and obituaries absolutely for free! This is the full obituary story where you can express condolences and share memories. John Wheeler Murder: Wheeler's wife speaks about her husband's life John P Wheeler III's body was found after being dumped into a landfill in Wilmington, Delaware on December 31, 2010. Not to mention the killer would have somehow had to follow him from from his home in New Castle City, to Wilmington. St. Francois County sheriff's department Amanda St. Amand 314-340-8201 Jack Wheeler, 80, of Fayetteville passed away Wednesday, January 22, 2020. Kylce also suggests in the article that Wheeler believed corrupt government officials in Delaware had allowed this in his mind illegal construction to take place, and she suggests that if Wheeler had been caught attempting arson or hacking, he may have been targeted because of it. Although Unsolved Mysteries didn't give viewers any solid answers about who killed Jack, co-creator Terry Meurer told TheWrap about her own theories. How all this connects with Wheeler's subsequent behavior and death is unclear, but there is a connecting thread: Wheeler, a Vietnam War veteran, was upset about the house being built on Battery Park because he believed the site held significant cultural (public) value as a historic military site. Archives: Pentagon aide John P. Wheeler's death stumps police a year Andrew Breitbart - Died of a massive heart attack, walking outside late at night, alone, in the dark approximately one week before he was to produce tapes of Obama's extremist activities in college. "Because people who attack people or rob people, they do not go to the trouble to transport a body, put it in a dumpster hoping, I believe, that the body would never be found," Muerer said. He was a well-connected man with strong ties to the US government and high-security clearance. He was apparently upset that construction had continued despite his pending case. JOHN "Jack" Wheeler was brutally murdered with "blunt force" and dumped at Cherry Island Landfill in Delaware. 'Unsolved Mysteries Vol. 2': Here's Who Probably Didn't Kill Jack Wheeler He has a dress shirt and a cotton sweatshirt. Jack said No, thanks,'. I believe that, facing massive public pressure to return results, and under the same belief as the police that Jack was dumped in the landfill by his killer, the medical examiner saw what he wanted to see, which was a beating death. Surely he talked during that trip? 12/02/1952 - 04/12/2018 . While the investigators were able to trace the body to a dumpster in Newark, Delaware, how he got in the dumpster and who is responsible is still a mystery. Jack works in DC for the day of the 28th, but at the end of the day, instead of going back to his family in New York, takes the train and heads south to his home in New Castle Beach. (His cellphone was later found at this site.) He was the man behind the Vietnam Memorial and a leading advocate to recognize PTSD . I think Jack was super paranoid at this point and didnt trust any strangers for help. The episode also colors the incident at the parking garage, downplaying the bizarre nature of the situation. Either to hide from whoever he thinks is following him, or to get out of the weather, he climbs through the door and into the dumpster. My Theory: (Please understand that much of this is speculation that I can not back up with fact), Jack's wife is documented as stating that he had memory issues and would often forget to bring his medication, or take his medication when traveling. Yet, he doesn't check into a hotel despite having money, he hides in the basement of the Nemours building, and spends the next day inside the large basement facility. Sadly, Jack is still alive as the compactor starts up, and kills him. Jack's phone is found at the scene in the grass. I agree that jumping from a car explains much but wouldnt that driver have been interviewed and listed as a witness to the events of that evening? He also appears paranoid, checking behind him and around corners as though he is being watched or followed. But the more facts. To further complicate the story, there was an existing criminal investigation focusing on a house under construction across from Wheeler's home. The Netflix episode focuses on how Wheeler may have spent the night in the building's basement, but asserts through Volk's testimony that no one really knows why he was there. It is believed he was attempting to "lay low" or hide from someone by staying in the basement, although there is no evidence to support this, and it is speculation based on his appearance. His body was found 14 hours later on December 31 in a landfill after being dumped from a trash truck. Jack. The autopsy lists a number of severe injuries, including a collapsed lung, broken ribs, swollen lips, and external neck injury, lacerations, and more. The Sun website is regulated by the Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO), Our journalists strive for accuracy but on occasion we make mistakes. "So some of those details they would have because they were the law enforcement that spoke to that couple, but we dont have any of those details.. authenticate users, apply security measures, and prevent spam and abuse, and, display personalised ads and content based on interest profiles, measure the effectiveness of personalised ads and content, and, develop and improve our products and services. A copy of the book A Long Grey Line, in which Wheeler was featured during his West Point days, is found on the table. The murder of former Pentagon official John P. Wheeler III, whose body was found on New Year's Eve in a Delaware landfill, has been baffling since it was first discovered. Conjecture but it makes sense to me. In general, Unsolved Mysteries offers a fair and balanced account of the events leading up to Wheeler's murder, and much of the information that was left out was likely omitted either out of respect for the victim and his family, or simply because it unnecessarily complicated the already-complicated story. Real Name: John Parsons Wheeler III Nicknames: Jack Location: Newark, Delaware Date: December 30, 2010 Details: Sixty-six-year-old Jack Wheeler was from a military family; his grandfather was a cavalryman and his father fought in World War II at the Battle of the Bulge. Fallows wrote a tribute to Wheeler in the Atlantic Magazine online, saying, "I feel terrible for his family and hope they will eventually find comfort in knowing how many important things he achieved." And so, as you can imagine, when his body was discovered in a landfill on December 31st, 2010, at the Cherry Island Landfill in Wilmington Delaware, many in the nation's political sphere reeled with shock. Deputies say the 16-year-old. PDF Obituary Database for 1985 to 2005 complied at the Lebanon Library by If you know anything about Jack Wheeler's death, you can submit a tip to Unsolved Mysteries. 8 The possession of Phosgene gas is completely illegal and criminal. 01 MAY 2000 Acton Dick FEB 7 2003 Acton Emma A. Could he have been in a fugue state? Jack Wheeler on Netflix's Unsolved Mysteries: Everything You Need to Because of who Jack was, his death received plenty of media attention when his body was found. -, Press J to jump to the feed. Wheeler, who pursued his hoop dreams all the way to the NBA, traveling the world in the process, died Feb. 14 at age 59. He wasn't reported missing. I think that is exactly what Wheeler did - followed the money of the 911 short sellers of UA and AA shares. The Drive from New Castle City to Wilmington takes approximately 12 minutes, yet on the 29th, Jack doesn't arrive at the (incorrect) parking garage for approximately 42 minutes after leaving New Castle City. The footage, one noted, suggested a degree of paranoia, as if Wheeler was hiding from someone. Edit: I WOULD VERY MUCH LIKE TO READ THE FULL AUTOPSY REPORT, AND IF ANYONE HAS SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO OBTAIN IT, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. Let me know what you think, and tell me when I am wrong. Death Row Fugitive 36m. It is also possible he wasn't attacked, but was pushed or jumped of a vehicle. Info Share. However, this is highly unlikely as valuables such as his Rolex were still in his possession when his body was found. As a first rank expert in nuclear and biological weapons, he was called by his employer MITRE to help handle a leakage of Phosgene gas which the government was preparing to send to Iraq, Israel, and other Middle Eastern locations to use against Iran, Kurds, and other enemies of Israel - which in fact is the entire world. #unsolvedmysteries.". Historical Person Search Search Search Results Results James Clinton "Jack" Wheeler (1911 - 1953) Try FREE for 14 days Try FREE for 14 days. Former KDKA Talk Show Host Dies | Pittsburgh, PA Patch Wheeler "carried out projects for Presidents Carter and Reagan, helped guide Macys out of bankruptcy and built 51 schools in Vietnam," says the Post. Unsolved Mysteries Volume 2 Episode 1 introduced us to John/Jack Wheeler. The injuries Wheeler sustained simply could not have been the result of his being harmed by a trash truck. From 1970 to 1971, he served on the General Staff at The Pentagon[2]. The loss of his briefcase on the train (which contained his key fob and Mitre ID) causes his manic episode to begin to spike. John Parsons Wheeler III (December 14, 1944 c.December 30, 2010), known as Jack Wheeler, was an American businessman and former White House aide. John (Jack) P Wheeler III was not the ordinary American Citizen. They kill him. Obituary for Jack Clinton Hightower | Wheeler Mortuary And, as some of his former associates and peers in politics explained on Unsolved Mysteries, his connections may have led to what happened to him. (Somewhat uncommon). Just days before Wheeler's body was discovered, an unknown assailant had set off smoke bombs in the property, causing damage a property that Wheeler was upset about, and was actively trying to stop from being built. To me, this could be a sign that his lack of medication is causing his manic behavior begin to set in. Wheeler's death was ruled a homicide. Become the owner of this obituary to manage the guestbook, edit the notice, and more. John Wheeler: Decade after White House aide's body was found in - MEAWW If not a mugging, then perhaps Wheeler was the victim of a random and brutal act of violence. Also explains the gap in time. I encourage you all to research these conditions on your own, not for this article, but because you probably have someone in your life that suffers from it (even if you don't know it). It is worth noting that while these theories seem plausible, each has it's faults (which I will highlight below), and none have any real, substantial evidence to back them up. See all obituaries for Jack Wheeler. On November 11, 1988, Wheeler introduced President Reagan at the Memorial before the latter observed his final Veterans' Day there. The official Cause of Death is listed as Blunt Force Trauma, and the Manner of Death is listed as Homicide. Detectives were almost immediately informed of the potential burglary at Jack's house, bolstering their theory that Jack had been murdered. Scenario One: Wheeler Was Killed By An Outside Agency It was later determined that at approximately 23:00, a possible witness believes he may have seen Jack share a cab with a stranger when he overheard the cab and it's unknown passenger were going to Newark, Delaware. Jack's body was found in a Delaware landfill one day after his disappearance in December 2010, having last been . April 30, 1942 - September 17, 2021 Facebook Twitter reddit. He doesn't have his phone. From questions of his potential enemies through work to allegedly warring neighbors, the focus shifted sporadically until all avenues of suspicion were explored and nothing concrete turned up. Jack's wife attempts to call him but is unable to reach him. Given the cause of death, there are a couple theories one might entertain as to how and why Wheeler was killed. This is the cause the broken bones found in the autopsy. The Fast & Furious star's tragic death had . This mess being caused by Jack explains why it is limited to the kitchen, and why nothing from the house was actually stolen. [5][7], Wheeler was seen on CCTV on December 28, 2010, exiting an Amtrak train,[8] and later, on the afternoon of December 30, 2010, at 10th and Orange streets in Wilmington, Delaware. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. As depicted in Unsolved Mysteries Volume 2, there was plenty of media attention brought to the case because of who Jack Wheeler was and, although his death remains a mystery, there are some theories about what happened and who actually killed him. Oddly, among the mess was one glaring object - a book which featured Wheeler, The Long Gray Line, was lying open on the kitchen counter. Who Killed Jack Wheeler III? Jack Wheeler Unsolved Mysteries Case Death Didnt anyone else notice that he appears to be texting on a cell phone while walking through the pharmacy?? The gas leak was responsible for the death of 4000 birds, 100,000 fish, and 500 earthquakes in the state. Six miles away, Jack's neighbor in New Castle City, Robert Dill, observes an open window at Jacks house, and upon closer inspection, believes something is wrong. Former homicide investigator Brad Garrett told ABC News: So the question for investigators is, does it all really go together or is it pieces? The time it would take to kill them, and the risk of being caught, are just too high. The body of John Wheeler III, also known as Jack Wheeler, was discovered on New Year's Eve of 2010 in a Wilmington, Delaware landfill by a worker. The ride should have been 10 or 12. I havent watched the episode but as I was reading this I was thinking it seems likely that he got into the dumpster himself for whatever reasonI cant see any of the other theories being reasonable re: him being beaten to death. Dill also observed what is later determined to be Comet powder all over the floor, with a single barefoot footprint visible in the powder. (His wife has stated that his mania can often bring on sudden and strong fits of anger). (More evidence to me of a psychotic break) He has several strange interactions with workers. Regardless, knowing that they had had a disagreement explains why Klyce was not more alarmed when she didn't hear from him for over 24 hours. It is thus all the more arresting that this man's corpsewas found falling off the back of a garbage truck at a dump in Maryland on or about December 30, 2010. Who Killed Jack Wheeler? - Reddit Theories on John Wheeler's Death He is looking for his vehicle, but unbeknownst to him, he is not in the correct parking garage. She is a writer, editor, and folk musician. 28 K 3 K. Paul Walker was About to Expose Clinton Conspiracy Before he Died. Birds lungs exploded. Was it a . He knew the pharmacist and asked him fir a ride because he knew if he was being followed, the pharmacist wouldnt be in on it. The episode describes how his body was dumped, how the coroner determined the cause of death was homicide caused by blunt force trauma, and that the various injuries were consistent with a severe beating. On Wednesday evening, Dec. 29, he received a . Jack Wheeler (3rd from left, in profile) with President Reagan in 1984. His death was declared a homicide, but even after nearly a decade, officials still have no solid leads on what happened to Wheeler after he was last seen on December 30 when CCTV footage. If he did, waking up inside a dumpster being turned upside down would probably be the cause. To inquire about a licence to reproduce material, visit our Syndication site. Wheeler had apparently battled the building of the three-story house, saying it was sited on an area of historical significance as Colonists, and then the Revolutionaries, had maintained a defensive battery there, writes the Post. He was consultant to acting Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology and Logistics from 2001 to 2005, special assistant to the Secretary of the Air Force from 2005 to 2008. Investigators believe Jack wanted to get to Wilmington in order to retrieve his car, which he left parked at the AMTRAK station when heading to New York with his wife for the holidays. On this Wikipedia the language links are at the top of the page across from the article title. This is not the usual ending for a West Point graduate with an MBA from Harvard and a law degree from Yale. At the time of his death, he. A coroner soon determined that he had been murdered, but nobody was ever arrested or even named a suspect. The Strange Case of John. P Wheeler III - Criminal Behaviours Season one is still available to watch on the streaming site. Criminal Behaviours explores the strange case of John P Wheeler III a well respected Military man who represented and owned charities for the deaf community and organisations against drink driving, he worked as a presidential aide to the Ronald Reagan; George H. W. Bush; and George W. Bush administrations, and had key roles in the development of Air-force cyber command and security programs . His car is parked blocks away in a separate garage. Text size. Jack's body is discovered and identified the same day he is put in the landfill, and because of his prominence, an autopsy was performed that very day. Looking for a new Netflix series to binge or the best movies to watch on Amazon Prime? He was also seen on CCTV cameras at a parking garage, looking distressed as he claimed his briefcase had been stolen while he walked along in only one shoe. John P. Wheeler III - Wikipedia Several people in the pharmacy overhear his conversation with pharmacy staff and offer him a ride to Wilmington. One of the biggest Reddit theories floating around is that Jack Wheeler was assassinated, though the motive behind such a thing is murky at best except when one considers just how high up he was. Wheeler's death has saddened many of his close friends, including former CIA Director Jim Woolsey and author James Fallows. But his widow, Katherine Klyce, told reporters police had given her conflicting information on the cause of his death. The 66-year-old retired federal military consultant's cause of death was. This mirrors the recent Unsolved Mysteries episode on Jack Wheeler, which aired last October. He even had money in his wallet. From 1972 to 1975 he attended law school at Yale University becoming a clerk for George E. MacKinnon in 197576 and an associate for Shea & Gardner in 19761978. "He left the pharmacy, and there was a couple there, a man and a woman, and he asked them if they could give him a ride to Wilmington, and they did, and they dropped him off there., "So we do know who that was, and they did not have anything to do with his disappearance., Terry added: We were not able to speak to that couple.
Glock 19 Mag Extension, Articles J