Comfort the family with flowers or a sympathy gift. As a boy growing up in a blue collar "NY Giants" town, I idolized the late 60's - early 70's NY Jets. George Sauers Obituary (1943 - 2022) - Legacy Remembers Russ was born July 14, 1929 in New York City and grew up in Manhattan. George Sauer Obituary (1933 - 2021) | Denville, NJ - Echovita funny and loving life. Dana, I'm sure you don't remembr me (it's only been 50 years!!) We have many fond memories of you and your family. Russ' father Colonel Paul Kurt Sauer was a surgeon and a highly decorated Colonel in WWII. Some basic help and starters when you have to write a tribute to someone you love. Remembering Uncle George in a fond way. George E. Sauer --- Rocket Scientist d. September 29, 2010. I knew why. After I was called back to active duty after 9/11 he wished me luck and told me to stay safe. Stump Funeral Home & Cremation, Inc.-Arnoldsburg 1441 Arnoldsburg Rd, Spencer, WV 25234. Help tell the story of your loved ones unique life. Obituary George Michael Sauer born 4/12/1933 went home to be with the Lord on May 23, 2021. He was assigned to the Bermuda Station for two years. We put white shirts on backwards, added a black pullover sweater and black blazer and were generally flirting with being struck by lightning. Ways to honor George Sauer's life and legacy. I remember they were so very and rightfully proud of George and all he had done and was doing. You can search by first or last name, state and publication date. May you rest in peace, and your family find comfort! Published by Rochester Democrat And Chronicle on Mar. George connected with that and even shared he felt his injuries effected his current situation. He was a quiet but well respected as a leader with that team. They're not a map to follow, but simply a description of what people commonly feel. Missed and loved by, Your family X Published by Bay City. For some people, the best send-off is one that they would have loved to attendthemselves: a big party. His favorite Tom T. Hall song "Faster Horses, Younger Women, Older Whiskey and More Money", could sum up how Russ loved life! During this time he was active in the Kiwanis with perfect attendance most years. thanks for all the great catches with the J.E.T.S.!!! He was 69. David Kessler's top 4 tips for dealing with holiday grief. Write your message of sympathy today. I hope we get to meet again when my time comes. When he was not volunteering for the Sheriff's Department, he could be found running his homeowners association and acting as a Guardian ad Litem for abused children. 5:7, George was like a big brother to me while I was in my early teens. His smile lit up a room. Family and friends can send flowers and/or light a candle as a loving gesture for their loved one. "We will always remember George Sauer for his role in the New York Jets' run that culminated with a historic victory in Super Bowl III as well as the strength of his convictions off the field," Jets owner Woody Johnson said in a statement. Once you find the obituary you are looking for, you can get important information about upcoming services, share a favorite photo or memory, and . He also seemed like a very classy individual. We'll help you find the right words to comfort your family member or loved one during this difficult time. A great athlete and role model. He caught everything thrown his way.He was a great one. IN THE CARE OF. Let others know about your loved one's death. I have many great childhood memories of watching the Jets with my dad. in Baltimore, MD. And he was very handsome too. His 309 career receptions rank him ninth in franchise history, while his for 4,965 yards receiving are sixth on the team's list. The best poems for funerals, memorial services., and cards. He played college football for the Texas Longhorns. I remember playing catch with you in Waco. Goodbye old friend. 2021 Moreland Funeral Home. His best moment came in the Super Bowl when, with Maynard hampered by a pulled hamstring, Sauer helped lead the Jets past the Colts. Rest in Peace man George also was a member of the national champion Texas Longhorns in 1963. The Dignity Memorial online obituary search tool gives you access to obituaries from thousands of locations across North America. With over 1,900 locations, Dignity Memorial providers proudly serve over 400,000 families a year. We would sometimes share rides to and from Waco High. Published by. I was best friends w/ George's sister all during our school years in Waco. Our last name is Sauer and my dad told me we were related. It is with deep sorrow that we announce the death of George Sauer of Denville, New Jersey, who passed away on September 23, 2021, leaving to mourn family and friends. He broke into the starting lineup as a rookie, was named to four all-star teams, twice named all-pro and named Most Valuable Player by his teammates in 1966. February 28, 2021 As a Sigma Chi Fraternity brother of George in the early sixties at UT, I remember his calmness, courtesy, friendship and intelligence. I was 11 when he helped the Jets win that big game (my mother bought me a Jets 3-ring binder right after that!). I remember reading an interview with him in which he mentioned Albert Camus - definitely not the normal sports page topic! I would usually fall asleep to his music. "Russ' passion was the water; from fishing, boating, and scuba diving to enjoying a margarita on a Baja beach watching the sunset. I understand that there will not be a service for George and so I am trying to touch base with you this way. GEORGE SAUER OBITUARY. Would you like to offer George Sauers loved ones a condolence message? That's the player I wanted to be. George Sauer Sr. was my coach at the U S Naval Academy in 1948. Some of Mr. Sauer's concerns about professional football were prophetic, and I hope his death may bring his insights to a new and more receptive audience. I worked with George during his time in Sioux Falls and we became good friends. His 39-yard catch to the Colts 10-yard line late in the third quarter set up the Jets' final field goal early in the fourth that gave New York a 16-0 lead. Two college jobs Russ always talked about were how much he enjoyed driving a Pikes Peak tour bus and tending bar. George Sauer, Jets Receiver and Rebel, Is Dead at 69 My prayers go out to Dana and his family. I had a little league teammate named George Sauer, I felt a special connection to George Sauer Jr. and his amazing catches. Send a note, share a story or upload a photo. So sorry to hear of George's passing. He was loved and cherished by many people including : his father Israel; his daughter-in-law Shiree; his girlfriend Alice Mikulak of Denville; his son Andrew Sauer (Shiree) of Jacksonville; his former wife Esther Sauer; and his grandchildren, Talia Sauer and Ariel Sauer. The team and Moreland Funeral Home in Westerville, Ohio, confirmed Saturday that he died Tuesday after. Menu. Very sad that he died fairly young..condolences to his family and friends and the fans who enjoyed watching him play. All of his Waco High classmates will be saddened by the news. He was predeceased by : his parents, Fredrick August Sauer, Sr. and Anita Elizabeth Sauer. He was 69. Wish I could find a throwback jersey with his name and number to honor his memory. You can search by first or last name, state and publication date. God bless. Beloved husband of the late Irmgard (nee Winter); loving father of Richard (Betsy) and Randolph Sauer; fond grandfather of Jennifer Shepard, Kristen Sul . In 1974 he was nominated by the Republicans for the House of Delegates but lost the General Election. I hope he had a great life, he deserved it. Russ was born July 14, 1929 in New York City and grew up in Manhattan. This site is provided as a service of SCI Shared Resources, LLC. Another piece of my childhood now part of the ages. Write your message of sympathy today. Some basic help and starters when you have to write a tribute to someone you love. George ALWAYS won. Introduced me to Namath and came to find out what a great person and player George was. Send a note, share a story or upload a photo. Looking back, George was probably one of the few "jocks" who wouldn't resent assigned to room with a lowly student manager! Authorize the publication of the original written obituary with the accompanying photo. He was one of the influences on my son who played HS, College and Semi Pro football. I met George when he was living in my hometown of Sioux Falls, SD in 2001. To offer your sympathy during this difficult time, you can now have memorial trees planted in a National Forest in memory of your loved one. Very graceful and surehanded. George Sauer Obituary (2013) - Waco, TX - Legacy He left the University of Texas after being drafted by the New York Jets. Russ' motto was "if we can't insure it nobody can. She taught at Walnut Creek Elementary in Austin, TX and was his teacher in 1965. Gallery. I'll be reading your literature this year! 1 Pe. I couldn't have asked for a better roommate. FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (AP) George Sauer had a huge day in the biggest game in New York Jets history, and then surprisingly walked away from football a few years later. Published by The Plain Dealer from Dec. 29 to Dec. 30, 2007. I was a Junior in high school in 1966, loved the Jets,played tight end and wore #83. He will be missed.God Bless your family.May George rest in peace. He made the Jets what they were in 1969 and I will always remember him. Later, when I read about his feelings and reasons for leavingit made sense. George. When we finally realized Georges story, I asked him how he got to Westerville, He told me my sister lives here. May the God of comfort be with you during this sad time. We'll miss you George. What kind of arrangement is appropriate, where should you send it, and when should you send an alternative? Share Obituary. Search by Name. To plant trees in memory, please visit the. . Moreland Funeral Home | George Sauer, Jr. - At Russ' request no services will be held. GEORGE H. SAUER, 83, passed away Dec. 23, 2007. George was an avid reader and had a passion for writing. His favorite Tom T. Hall song "Faster Horses, Younger Women, Older Whiskey and More Money", could sum up how Russ loved life! Ms. Keifer, my condolences on the loss of your brother. The Jets have never had anyone like them since. GEORGE SAUER OBITUARY. This site is provided as a service of SCI Shared Resources, LLC. George Sauer I then told him that is how Gene got here from Cincinnat that I was his sister living in Westerville. Not the fastest player, but cerebral, precise, and reliable. George's family is honoring a long-standing request not to have calling hours or a service. My deepest sympathy goes out to the Sauer family. My mother was also at Manor Care for dementia. It may take up to 1 hour for your comment to appear on the website, G. Russell Sauer I use to run by his house to see if I could catch a glimpse. I worked for his Uncle Edward Sauer at Drackett in Urbana, OH and my mother cleaned for Meda & Ed when they lived on Maple in Urbana. The best poems for funerals, memorial services., and cards. Russ was born July 14, 1929 in New York City and grew up in Manhattan. Psalms 65:2. George Sauer Obituary (2013) - Waco, TX - The Columbus Dispatch Rest in peace 'Sandy' you will be missed by many many people. FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (AP) George Sauer had a huge day in the biggest game in New York Jets history, and then surprisingly walked away from football a few years later. My sincere condolences to the family. Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Post and Courier Charleston Homepage. That and Governor Theodore R. McKeldin influenced him to join the Republican Party. He was awarded a Maryland Senatorial Scholarship to St. John's College in Annapolis. I will miss him. You have funeral questions, we have answers. FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (AP) George Sauer had a huge day in the biggest game in New York Jets history, and then surprisingly walked away from football a few years later. To plant trees in memory, please visit the. Extremely saddened, Dana, by the loss of your brother and a great man. I met George Jr once when he returned to the Academy as a guest of my teammate, Tex Lawrence, for a reunion (about 40 yeaars later) of that team. We want you to know we are thinking of you at this time and wish to express our sympathy. One of the games we played was "baseball" in the hall, using a ping pong ball and a broken golf club handle. It's surprising how much a musical selection can affect mourning. time has passed so fast seems like yesterday that my father brother and i were watching super bowl 3 thank you mr sauer for that special day i know life is more then football and so did you,rest in peace hope to see you on the other side. We'll help you find the right words to comfort your family member or loved one during this difficult time. In 1986 he was asked to fill the slate for County Council but lost the General Election. Share Obituary . I spent a lot of afternoons at Shea Stadium watching the Jets play. I've got a quiz tomorrow." He was the son of Rose and Alfred Sauer Sr. George Sauer - Arnoldsburg, West Virginia , Stump Funeral Home and but sounded very impressive. G. Russell Sauer November 4 2015 G. Russell Sauer or "Russ" to all who knew him, passed away on Wednesday November 4, 2015 at the age of 86. www.hopehospice.org/donate/. For some people, the best send-off is one that they would have loved to attendthemselves: a big party. His mother Eleanor Gude Sauer dedicated her life to charity and was an expert in antiques. OBITUARY George Russell Sauer July 4, 1929 - November 4, 2015. 2023 SCI SHARED RESOURCES, LLC. George Sauer, Jr. was a fantastic wide receiver and I enjoyed watching him play along with the rest of that incredible NY Jets team. Sandy and I grew up together on Filbert St. We spent many years enjoying our youth and later shared many great times as adults hunting and fishing at the family cottage on Keuka Lake. and grace and humor. George Sauer's passing at the age of 88 has been publicly announced by Bruzdzinski Funeral Home, P.A. GEORGE SAUER OBITUARY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Love defines the man! George Sauer Obituary (2013) - Waco, TX - The Plain Dealer He continued this tradition of fishing Baja, Mexico with virtually the same friends for over 50 years. November 4 2015 George attended Waco City Schools and the University of Texas. Russ owned numerous yachts on Lake Michigan and explored every port on the lake. Russ went on to a distinguished career in the Insurance business with Allstate Insurance in Albuquerque, NM before becoming President of the Wilson Agency in Chicago, IL. He was preceded in death by his parents, George, Sr. and Lillian Sauer. He talked two hours telling me about the books he had written and numerology. Unless you are experienced as an estate executor, you probably should hire an attorney. George. November 4 2015 Thanks for the memories in the greatest Super Bowl played. Dearest Dana, Jeff, and Greg: my deepest condolences on George's passing. A private service will be held. Russ owned numerous yachts on Lake Michigan and explored every port on the lake. George Edward Sauer June 6, 1934 - September 29, 2010 . We all appreciated his being there. Dana, I remember Georgie so well because he spent a lot of time at our house on MacAethur Drive. When I read the paper today and saw Georges passing, I was so surprised to know he (and you) were here in Westerville. FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (AP) George Sauer had a huge day in the biggest game in New York Jets history, and then surprisingly walked away from football a few years later. but I met you and your parents when I was George's roommate at UT's Moore-Hill Hall. Dana, You will remain in our hearts forever.
Mississippi River Equity Hunting Club Membership For Sale, Driving With Expired License Oregon, Facts About Skara Brae, Articles G