To have the opportunity to take a buck like this is a dream come true.". By Chris Lawrence. Kentucky Hunting is the leading online community for outdoors enthusiasts to discuss hunting, fishing, archery, and life in Kentucky. The whole crew was there to celebrate their collective accomplishment, and one that was years in the making. Illegal killing of trophy deer results in hunter's arrest - FOX19 The next morning, Sept. 4, brought cool weather and light southerly winds. It ran a ways and crashed into the soybeans. KENTON CO., Ky. (FOX19) - An illegal killing of a trophy deer in early November has led to a hunter's arrest for wildlife-related charges and drug charges. In this edition of "From The Stand," Pat Hogan explains the importance of being aware of proper clearance when using your bow or crossbow out in the field. Its a thick, secluded creek bottom.. Eventually, the buck he was hoping to see walked into the clearing, and Beach took the shot. I drive down the bypass all the time and me and my cousin once counted 10 in that grew up ditch at one time. Few people could really hunt him because of where he was unless he traveled around or went across the road, which he did.. That looks like a wood pile on his head! In the above video, NWTF's Jason Burckhalter talks about the group's accomplishments and future plans with Game & Fish Editorial Director Adam Heggenstaller at SHOT Show 2023 in Las Vegas. Roughly 223,000 Colorado hunters harvested 39,000 elk in 2017, a 17% success rate. The 2021-22 deer season is a wrap, and some big whitetails fell between the opening and closing bells. The raw score of the behemoth buck is 212 inches. But once in the area, he found the buck within minutes. 2023 Outdoor Sportsman Group. State-by-State Hunting Data | Archery Trade Association AL man illegally kills record-setting buck. I came in on his left rear flank.. Geo resource failed to load. All rights reserved. I have two children and I hope that in the future they will want to go hunting with me and be as passionate about it as I am. Access the newest seasons of MeatEater, save content, and join in discussions with the Crew and others in the MeatEater community. In this edition of "Big Buck Profile," Gordon Whittington talks with young whitetail hunter Reid Crawford about his trophy buck taken in 2017. Casey Reed had photos of one particular buck on his farm from the past three seasons, and this year he hoped to tag the 5 -year-old giant. "As I pulled the soybeans away to expose his rack, I told my dad, 'This is like unwrapping a Christmas present,'" Standard said. "My dad raised me to love deer and turkey hunting," Reed said. I could tell that a lot of deer were running through here, he says, noting that the neighbors also allow him to hunt their adjoining land. Afterward, Reed's father and brother-in-law helped him recover the buck and get it out of the field. (Settle has a medical exemption to use a crossbow during archery season because of a herniated disk in his neck. The internet celebrity, who is a member of Officials say that increasing the moose harvest is Sign up for the Field & Stream newsletter and get the latest intelligence straight to your inbox. We are investigating this story and will continue to publish updates as we learn more. "It came out into the soybeans broadside at 20 yards right in front of me," Standard said. We then went to the entrance of LBL to get a picture with the Land Between the Lakes sign and Sasquatch. His rack was just the icing on the cakeitll never happen again to me.. | Of the elk harvested, 21,000 were bulls. He is one of the biggest bucks ever taken out of LBL. Hope that's not the case cause I would like to see some better pics of it. I was so mad about last year, Kline says. in early November. Each year the buck packed on more antler growth, but Lacefield couldnt get within range for a shot. Id never seen anything like him before. With lessons learned from past seasons, Beach was excited when a familiar buck started showing up on his trail camera this summer. "I never thought in a million years I would shoot a deer that big," said Zach Meadows, who shot the buck with his bow on Nov. 3 in Logan County. I didnt even know how to act. He had never seen an animal quite like this one beforeand neither had the rest of the world. Whitt. So, on opening weekend, he moved in and hunted along a promising ridge line. This man pleaded guilty to hunting without permission and hunting by aid of bait, which are both class C misdemeanors. After our interview with Settle, we were confident that his story was true. I hate to see a great one taken out by a car. We didnt want anyone to know about him. The buck ran about 50 yards and died in the brush. This page has. Before we interviewed Settle, we confirmed with Kentucky Fish and Wildlife that the buck had been checked in as being killed and tagged in Kentucky on telecheck. Ruger's popular American bolt-action rifle has been a hit with hunters for years. Lance Hill's South Carolina Stud. This makes for heavy hunting pressure and many deer become nocturnal at an early age. Both bucks walked to within 18 yards, and Taylor took the shot. What Causes Bucks to Have Weak Brow Tines or No Brows? June 28th, 2013 | Big Deer Stories, BigDeer | 2 Comments Dustin Finley tells me his dad, Larry, killed this deer in Pendleton Co, KY on 11-11-12; they measured him at 226 7/8. Six weeks before the opener, he fell from a 12-foot ladder stand, and broke or fractured his wrists, ribs, and ankles. Land Between the Lakes National Recreation area is about 20 minutes from our hometown of Benton, Kentucky. That summer, Dad ordered a topo map of Sasquatchs core area, which was about 3,000 acres. "I slowly looked right below our stand and there he was," Kirkpatrick recalled. The buck had a huge body, and we guessed him to be 4 or 5 years old. How Many Whitetail Bucks Do Hunters Kill Across America. Hell of a buck. Mississippi hunter takes massive 170-inch buck on public land "I've got close to an hour and a half before dark," Kirkpatrick said to Moore. Tag already filled; Kline couldnt help but wonder what had happened to Herman. I hunt a little patch amid the several hundred acres, Herman says. We are still blown away that we killed Sasquatch. The next time he looked over his shoulder, he spotted the big deer walking toward him. On Sept. 4, well before daylight, the Arkenaus eased into an elevated Muddy blind positioned on a wood line. About 300 yards away, in the corner of a soybean field south of me, the light shined on his rack right when I was looking that way. Then, on August 28, 2020, weeks before the archery season opened, the buck visited Settles property for the last time in a long while. This deer is big, he carries a big, non-typical frame. Soon after settling into the stand, deer began moving. Ever since we started hunting Sasquatch, my dad would say, If we ever kill him, we are getting a picture in front of that sign.. An intensive, four-year pursuit of an elusive buck dubbed "Sasquatch" at Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area (LBL) ended in celebratory tears, hugs, and shared joy between father and son. Total Harvest Results. Whenever pictures of dead megabucks circulate social media, commenters are always quick to ask: Was it a high fence deer? It happened when Guner Womack killed one of the most perfectly symmetrical whitetails in Oklahomas history, and again when Jason Kline found the deadhead of one of the biggest non-typicals in Ohios history. Score: 155 inches. But Settle says he felt his presence this September. Your honesty about the situation is more impressive than this genetic freak's antlers. I'm gonna say that deer came in behind Kroger and sherwin williams. Logan Beach arrowed this 162-inch giant in Logan County, Kentucky. The buck was bedded down. He hadnt heard of any other hunters tagging him, and news of such a giant buck would certainly spread quickly. In the video above, Leopold's Shawn Skipper highlights the features of the exciting new optics with Game & Fish Editorial Director Adam Heggenstaller at SHOT Show 2023 in Las Vegas. Dustin Huff found one, hitting a record-setting buck with his crossbow. Look below you," Moore told him. Im sad that he died and wasnt killed by someone, but I am glad to have him., Read Next: An Elevated Shed Hunting Experience. All thanks to the good Lord above.". | After seeing those few trail camera pictures of him, we became obsessed with finding Sasquatchs sheds. "This involves stand location, cellular trail cameras, making sure your hunting clothes are as scent-free as possible, not contaminating the area around your stand and, most importantly, always hunting the wind.". He left everything in the blind except for his crossbow, a brand-new Raven R26, and one arrow. I tried to post the video but it didn't work. I would only move when it got windy. Just $1 per month , Jason Kline spent years chasing a giant non-typical buck he had named Herman. EDITORS NOTE: When the photos of this deer were first sent to us by the hunter, Derek Settle, our immediate gut check was: This is a high-fence deer. This page is designed to showcase bucks from the Bluegrass State. Hope everyone gets to. None of them fully spooked, but they didnt like what they saw, either. I immediately had my gun up and the safety off. 2019-2020 Total Harvest Summary 148,395 deer were harvested during the 2019-20 deer season, which is the second highest harvest on record. Question: When Does Deer Hunting Season Start In Kentucky Kline and other hunters hoped that the 2020 season would be the year. When hunting season came around, we never got another picture of him. We began looking for sheds daily again, grid searching the 3000-plus acres. I mean, these guys are so tricky and sneaky.. I want that to be a rack but must be brush or a pile of sticks, or something., Settle got out his Bushnell Powerview 7-1525 binoculars for a better look. Then, the big deer came back out, now concealed by a bunch of weeds. About an hour later a small buck chased a doe from the same direction Dad had seen Sasquatch. Hornady's Seth Swerczek goes in depth about the new cartridge with Game & Fish Editorial Director Adam Heggenstaller at SHOT Show 2023 in Las Vegas. We continued looking for the other side but never found it. Ultimately, Jacob scored with a rifle during a quota hunt in November. 2:33. He had never seen the buck before that day. Read Next: How to Tag a Velvet Whitetail Buck (and the Best States to Make It Happen). Hes a union carpenter and lived a couple of miles from his current property. Land Between the Lakes (LBL) is a 170,000-acre peninsula between Kentucky Lake and Lake Barkley, with 110,000 of those acres being in Kentucky. Post anything thread - piss n on lefties version. I took my backpack off, got a drink of Coke, and just settled in. Even if he can't reach the Hanson or Johnson buck, Womack will likely beat the current Oklahoma typical record of 194 inches. New world record whitetail buck recorded in Tennessee - Carolina Sportsman This man pleaded guilty to hunting without permission and hunting by aid of bait, which are both class C misdemeanors. Public Land Results. Subscribe to OL+ for our best feature stories and photography. With a 31-inch spread, many who see this deer will claim it's the biggest deer they've ever seen. Photo Gallery See all Photos Jamison Standard's Beanfield Behemoth Dad always says, Hunt harder, go deeper, stay longer and when you want to quit, youre almost there. LBL does offer a three-day rifle quota hunt in November that you must apply for and draw a permit. I looked up at Dad to see what direction he was pointing, but I couldnt see anything with my eyes or with the scope. I was going really slowly.
Bill Kreutzmann News, Green Street London Clothes Shops, Were The Bodies In The Helicopter Crash Intact, Report Abandoned Vehicle New Orleans, Elizabeth Vargas Rhoc Age, Articles B