The Diamondback Tactical2 has much better glass than the ARGOS/HELOS at a cheaper price but the MIDAS has a slight overall edge in clarity image quality overall. Maybe, but maybe not. We only make money if you purchase a product through our links . I honestly would be fine with a 65mm but they only offer this one. They even have a spotting scope eyepiece that functions as a binocular, with two eyepieces! Clear glass combined with an oversized eyepiece and a rugged design will help you tag out season after season. And you might be a little disappointed at how dark and grainy it gets above about 38-power. 45 Angled Viewing. Vortex, Athlon or Element? | Airgun Forum - Airgun Nation Unsurprisingly, letting more light in is what you want. Full-sized spotting scopes can cost well over $2,000. The build boosts the durability of this spotter and gives it a stiffer and more sure-footed feel. I had a Diamondback FFP and I sold it immediately. For example, the Athlon Argos we recommend has a field of view of 48-102 feet at 1000 yards. When you see 20-60x85mm, that means that the objective lens (the one that points out towards whatever you are viewing) is 85mm in diameter. 3 reviews. If you got sick of reading about scopes (or, lets be honest, you saw there was video and skipped ahead! Much faster target acquisition (angled scopes can be intuitive to find what youre trying to look at because of the angle). Athlon submitted two full-sized spotters for this years test, but the Argos HD version (as opposed to the Argos G2 UHD) version represents the best combination of price and performance. SX-2 Alpine HD 20-60x60mm Angled. Their Ultima is a great scope for bird watchers. You probably dont want to be lugging around a 100mm Celestron that weighs 4.5 pounds even without the tripod if youre going deep into elk country. Put it on a tripod, point it at the sky, and youll be opened up to a whole new world(s)! This series comes in three sizes: 11-33x50mm, 22-48x65mm, and 27-60x85mm. That would mean that the scope has an adjustable zoom range of 20 to 60. Maven is a very unique company in the sporting optics world. Hi, looking for a new scope for my 22lr. There is a range of designations that manufacturers use, and unfortunately there isnt much standardization. Learn more about it here. We've rarely seen this much glass and optical horsepower for under $400. This dot is what is often called the exit pupil, and refers to the actual dot of light that gets transmitted to your eyes through the lenses. You are using an out of date browser. But for scouting use its perfect, or for spotting from the road. https://athlonoptics.com/product/rifle-scope-argos-6-24x50/, Looking for the best budget optic for my sniper rifle. 1.5 #5) Leupold SX-2 Alpine HD 20-60x60mm. Has anyone out there got first hand experience with this scope? The image delivered by the 23-70-power eyepiece is stunning, and the amount of light delivered to the eye through the 95mm objective lens makes even low-light glassing a pleasure. These seamless connections will give you crystal clear images. We found the usable magnification range extended to about 54-power, which is higher than many of its peers. And the 27-55-power zoom range covers most hunting scenarios, while the 80mm objective lensmade with extra-low dispersion glasslets in plenty of light. SX-2 Alpine HD Spotting Scopes | Leupold Vortex Diamondback Tactical VS Athlon Argos Gen 2. thanks! Oftentimes they dont even end up helping you see better at long distances. Usually works better from a vehicle window mount. If we have a ding, its the tripod foot, which seems slightly undersized for the frame. All these attributes make it an ideal budget option for hunters. Most spotting scopes that zoom up to 60-power get so dark and grainy at that magnification that theyre really only useful up to about 50-power. In case you want to know about the scopes, in brief, this comparison table below is tailor . It is dramatically more affordable than the other optics were recommending here for bird watchers. Maven RS.1 2.5-15X44 - Best FFP Scope for Hunting. I have purchased 3 Athlon Argos BTR scopes, and zero issues with any of them. Anything you point this scope at, youre going to get a clear view of. Hook it up to your camera with Zeisss extensive catalog of accessories and youll be taking pictures you never thought possible. The 45-degree angled eyepiece is also a nice touch, as it allows for users to use it in a number of different stances. One of the lesser known technical specs that you may need to account for is eye relief. And at nearly $4,000, most of us arent willing to subject the Harpia to the indignities and dings of the field. Expensive Spotting Scope Comparison, Ive been using spotting scopes for years and have used dozens of them in testing and in the field. Also, is 40 or 48 power enough to spot holes at 500 yards? Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Athlon 214061 Argos BTR 6-2450 Riflescope APMR FFP MIL at the best online prices at eBay! But I will say, that no matter what I did, I could not get my eye comfortable behind the glass. Are you going to pack it deep into the backcountry? Its a testament to the Hawkes spotter that it adequately handles all that magnification. I mention this because you are likely to get more use out of a spotter with a 20-45-power range than one that claims it goes to 60-power. Did a quick sight in using a snow bank ( makes things so quick and easy being able to see impact as it happens), and was able to start hitting some targets. The lenses are also fully multicoated, meaning better light transmission and clearer looks at the night sky. $199.99. But it could be perfect scope if you are setting it up on your back porch to stargaze with. Don't let the fact that it's cheaper than the Viper and Razor deter you, this thing provides stellar optics and is backed by their excellent lifetime warranty program. Bino Expert is a member of the Amazon Associates affiliate program. Along with size, price varies dramatically. Products ( 2) Sort By. It's a 20-60x80 only weighting about 33ozs. Get the Bushnell Match Pro over either. With a straight-body spotting scope, youd have to trade places with your buddy in order for them to see the deer. Some users like angled eyepieces because of their versatility. 10 MIL turrets. Most importantly, they have a solid warranty and a great reputation for taking care of their customers. Ok, folks - here it is: The Bushnell Match Pro Riflescope. Athlon Optics Argos HD 20-60x85 Spotting Scope - Amazon.com Athlon Optics Argos HD 20-60x85 Spotting Scope - 45 Degree, Green/Black Customer reviews Customer reviews 4.4 out of 5 174 global ratings Athlon Optics Argos HD 20-60x85 Spotting Scope - 45 Degree, Green/Black by Size: 45 Degree Change How customer reviews and ratings work Top positive review Jack Holcomb Great spotting scope This scope is offered in either an angled or straight body, and either way you can get a 16-48x65mm or a 20-60x85mm for viewing far off wildlife. The bigger the lens, the bigger and heavier the scope. Athlon vs Vortex - Part 1 - YouTube You can learn about them at Leupold.com. Whale watching is a very popular activity along the coasts for both tourists and locals. Precision rifle shooters will appreciate the fixed 22-power lens that contains a milling PRS reticle, which allows users to make precise calls when spotting for a long-distance shooter. Its a pattern weve seen play out over two decades of the Outdoor Life optics test. The best brightness and image quality will be at 20X, but the image will be smallest at that magnification. Athlon BTR vs Vortex Diamondback. On this review we are going to be using the Vortex Diamondback HD 10x42 as the benchmark. At 60-power, the image will be largest, but because of the laws of optics, it also appears darkest and grainiest. Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service. I noticed the gen 2 Argos is out now and it mentions upgraded turrets. Thread starter Kyle Wheeler; Start date Nov 11, 2020; Nov 11, 2020 #1 Kyle Wheeler Well Known Rokslider. Find Athlon Optics Cronus Gen II 20-60x86mm UHD Spotting Scopes-311004 with New Product and 20% Off today at Rangefinders.com +1-800-504-5995 Live Chat Contact Us Check Order Status. You can think of it like the limits of your peripheral vision. I chose these based on features and because the retail price is low enough to keep the rifle in NRL22 base class. Once you look through Zeisss Harpia spotter, no other scope will quite satisfy you. However in dark conditions, your pupil will open to allow more light in, and can get up to 7mm in diameter. Skis are easily the most efficient way to cover snowy ground on foot in winter. A 15-4565 unit has 15- to 45-power magnification behind a 65mm objective lens. Another great option depending on your uses is a car window mount. Vortex Crossfire II 4-12x50 AO Riflescope with Dead Hold BDC Reticle (MOA). Spotting Scope Review after Testing. This is a list of rifle scopes with at least 24X magnification that cost less than $750. Athlon vs Vortex - Part 1 18,034 views Mar 29, 2019 93 Dislike Share Blue Line Optics 627 subscribers Two extremely good optics companies who market themselves fairly comparatively - high. Similarly, if you live anywhere with a lot of wildlife activity, it can be a fun thing to have a spotting scope set up on your back porch, trained on your local ecosystem. That means you need to think about what you want and need a spotter to do. Athlon Optics / RIFLE SCOPES / ARGOS BTR GEN2 / ARGOS BTR GEN2 6-2450 APMR FFP IR MIL. This pricey, indulgent, magnum-sized optic is the last spotting scope youll own, and it parses details like no other spotter in this category. The extra low-dispersion glass in this model and the oversized objective lens make this a good choice for mid-range field work. Superdoo. Many consumers are understandably confused about the designations that optics companies use to describe the quality of glass in their products, but the Athlon spotters are useful to differentiate between HD and UHD glass. Very few other manufacturers give you that kind of choice with their high end scope options. Its their higher end scope offering, but is still affordable. They have a similar long eye relief, but the eyebox isn't as fast to focus as the Vortex. Nikon is one of the most well known optics brands in the world. Updated: October 2, 2020, 79 optics, 152 reticles. Features: FFP, Illuminated, Lowlight-visible, CR2032, . I'm curious about the eye box / eye relief difference in these scopes. In a category with multiple $1,500-and-higher submissions, the Vanguard VEO HD costs less than $400 but will deliver years of service. It's big and heavy, so you probably will mostly use it from your vehicle or a camp, but the power behind a scope this big is something awesome to behold. While some scopes fall into the trap of giving more magnification while sacrificing clarity, this scope hits it perfectly at the max end of its range. Vortex diamondback tactical 6-24x Vs Athlon Argos BTR 6-24x Anything further out than that will not be visible. Athlon Optics Argos HD 20-60x85 Spotting Scope - 45 Degree, Green/Black trying to find the right scope (vortex, bushnell, athlon) | Airgun I've checked the specs and features of both and there are things I like about each. Spotting scopes come in a very wide selection of sizes, more so than any other kind of optic. Its positioned just right between the companys big, bright, and spendy S.1 series and its big-boned B.5 binoculars, which sport 56mm objective lenses and magnifications from 10- to 18-power. The eyecups and sunshade move with snappy precision. The redesigned Diamondback HD spotting scopes have all the horsepower the long-distance hunter needs, and they excel in lowlightright when you need it most. From reviews and videos I've seen it tracks well. Its glass is protected by double-walled armor that resists scratching. Built on a composite-carbon chassis, the Vanguard VEO HD runs lighter than its peers, which makes this 80mm spotter a good choice for backcountry hunting. . At middle distances, like 50 to 400 yards, you can usually zoom in to see precise details of your target. There are only dangerous men." Like most scopes, the Athlon Argos BTR Gen2 does not come with a mount and rings included. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. If you want to be counting antler points on mule deer from a few miles away youre going to have to have perfect conditions and a very high end scope, regardless of the zoom power. They're both fairly equal when comparing in the same price range, but I will support Vortex always for their customer service and unmatched warranty. It may not have their optical clarity, but it is more than good enough for the vast majority of bird watchers. On the other hand, the image delivered by the UHD glass was bright and free of flares and distortion, and the balance and heft of the chassis are both satisfyingly substantial. QUICK LIST: Best First Focal Plane Scopes in 2022. High end manufacturers like Swarovski and Zeiss charge thousands of dollars for their scopes, and will give you crystal clear images that are hard to beat. Therefore it stands to reason that you want the spotter labeled HD, right? I'm not going to claim that they track perfectly, and I did have reposition the parallax knob on 6-24, but for sub-$200, even sub-$150, they are the best thing I've run across and the glass smokes vortex crossfire. Athlon Optics 314001: 20-60X85 Spotter - 45 - Amazon.ca Vortex diamondback FFP scope also comes with elevated finger-adjustable turrets. Apart from its compact design, it is also ergonomic. Gwine Well-Known Member Joined Mar 3, 2013 Messages 423 Location Southern Oregon Jul 3, 2020 #3 Welcome to the forum. Testers had some concerns over durability based on how the controls loosened over our testing. 7 Best Spotting Scopes Under 300 Dollars in 2023 - FixThePhoto.com No one buys a spotting scope just because it looked cool in a store. However, it can be hard to get your scope on target with an angled eyepiece because the 45-degree angle means the eyepiece isnt pointing at your target, like a straight-body spotter, so target acquisition occurs much faster. An immensely capable mid-sized spotter, the CS.1 features decent glass in a rugged and lightweight alloy frame that handles mid-distance spotting chores with style and talent. Bushnell is one of the older players in the sporting optics world, having been founded in 1948. Check it out on Amazon. tlav21; Nov 5, 2021; Optics; Replies 5 Views 2K. Athlon submitted two full-sized spotters for this year's test, but the Argos HD version (as opposed to the Argos G2 UHD) version represents the best combination of price and performance. Brands that might introduce a new binocular or riflescope every year are on a 2- or even 3-year cycle with spotting scope introductions. Check them out at Bushnell.com. About Us Policies. So much so that it won our Great Buy award as the best bargain spotting scope. We later measure the scopes optical resolution, or how finely they render details. Its virtually impossible to hold a powerful scope still enough to use effectively. This durable one-piece design keeps dust out of the innards but also prevents users from trading out the variable-power eyepiece for a different zoom range or a fixed-power alternative. Budget is a very firm $500 or preferably less. Vortex diamondback vs viper. They are going to stop rifle optics but Nikon isnt going anywhere. These scopes have features normally only found on high-end scopes. This year that nod goes to Athlons Argos HD. Here are the main positives of each: Many scopes, particularly the higher end ones, are sold with the option of getting either straight or angled, so youll get to choose what works best for you. I'm looking at 6-24 versions and they seem similar. Spotting scope (leipold, vortex, athlon, vanguard, pentax, ?) Spotting scopes are usually used on a tripod, so you dont need to worry about your hands shaking and distorting high zoom images like you do with binoculars. The Bushnell Elite Tactical LMSS2 is the perfect companion for precision rifle shooting. Jan 25, 2022. In this test, we mount all scopes on tripods, set their magnification to 20-power, and then measure how long they can see into the dark, averaging the results to assess performance. Is it going to be aimed permanently at the stars? Shop Athlon Optics Argos BTR 6-24x50mm Side Focus Rifle Scope | 4.4 Star Rating on 92 Reviews for Athlon Optics Argos BTR 6-24x50mm Side Focus Rifle Scope + Free Shipping over $49. Illuminated reticle probably isn't critical for your application. At a fraction of that price, this Vortex delivers an adequate image in a durable, versatile package. View Quote. Dielectric-Coated Porro Prism. Athlon Midas BTR, Midas HMR, Midas TAC scopes - Also made in China to Athlon's specific specifications. 8 Best Spotting Scopes for Elk Hunting - opticsrelated.com Athlon Argos BTR is $280-$370ish, depending on the model. Burris Fullfield II or Vortex Diamondback: . NightForce ATACR 5-25X56 F1 - Best for Competition. 6 Best FFP Scopes. Learn more about their long, family owned history here. You'll find a spotting scope useful for outdoors activities such as. Lastly, full-sized spotters are designed to be mounted on a tripod, so consider the mounting hardware. The Gosky 20-6060 HD Spotting Scope is a top seller in that price range, and gets decent reviews from its many users. HobieH3; Mar 26, 2019; 2 3 4. After consulting with other experts I compiled this guide that includes information about spotting scopes, how to choose the best one, and reviews of our favorites on the market right now. They offer some of the clearest scopes on the market, and while you definitely pay a premium, they have a very loyal customer base among bird watchers. If you have the money and want to get top performance, you definitely have that option. A good spotter can help you see your shots from where you are shooting, eliminating the need to go down range as often. Opinion on athlon scopes. | Shooters' Forum Compared with the HD model, which was also submitted to this years test, the UHD version has much better glass and produces an image thats on par with spotters costing significantly more. This means that objects will appear between 20 and 60 times closer than they actually are, depending on how you have it set. SKU: 214063. I shoot spring airgun and 22LR, and Hawke is on ALL of them. The Best Spotting Scopes in 2023 - Buyer's Guide - Bino Expert Athlon 214061 Argos BTR 6-2450 Riflescope APMR FFP MIL | eBay If you have the budget, Celestrons Regal is a huge optical upgrade over the Ultima. Click to play video. Ask yourself when youre most likely to use the optic. The Argos HD 20-60x85mm falls into the perfect category of spotting scopes for high power use. Ive been using spotting scopes for years and have used dozens of them in testing and in the field. . The Vortex DB HD 10x42 are by volume the most sold pair of binoculars in . They have come to dominate those segments of the market. The Ultima is a fairly affordable but still massive and powerful scope that works great for astronomy and stargazing. Anyone know the low end focus on the Argos? The most hard-wearing models have oversized controls that can be used with gloved hands, and they are double-sealed against dust, grit, and moisture. ), here are some great resources to help you buy a scope: Cheap vs. Doug asked me to review two Athlon scopes for him. Most spotting scopes have whats called a variable zoom, meaning you can adjust how close you are zoomed into what you are looking at. German Precision Optics ED Binoculars. The first is the magnification, which generally refers to a range between the lowest and highest magnification. Hes also OLs optics editor, helping readers to make informed buying decisions. The 10MIL locking turrets on the Match Pro alone make it worth going to the top end of your budget range. A big, serious spotter with very good glass and responsive controls, the Ares UHD is the big brother to Athlons excellent 65mm Argos introduced a couple of years ago. Subscribe to OL+ for our best feature stories and photography. Spotting scopes work best from mid to far distances. The Vortex Diamondback Tactical 6-24x50 & the Athlon Argos BTR 6-24x50. Vortex Diamondback Tactical vs Athlon Argos BTR 6-24 1. The other differentiation from the Argos HD model: the aluminum-alloy chassis of the Ares UHD. Like we mentioned above, the HD-ATS-80 HD is a fantastic scope body that you wont be disappointed by, and when coupled with their 20-60x eyepiece makes for a powerful spotting scope. After consulting with other experts I compiled this guide that includes information about spotting scopes, how to choose the best one, and reviews of our favorites on the market right now. They were the company that made optics available to the masses for the first time by importing binoculars from manufacturers in Japan, Taiwan and Hong Kong. 0 B bdzjlz Member Yes, Vortex Tactical line is part of their upper tier level. You can read more about them here. Darling of our best spotting scopes test is the new compact CS.1 from Maven, but we also like a couple of nicely priced full-sized spotters. Vortex Viper PST Gen II 5-25X50 FFP EBR-2C MRAD - Best FFP Scope Under $1500. So a 20-6080 spotter has a 20- to 60-power eyepiece and an 80mm objective lens. Reviews & Ratings for Athlon Optics Argos BTR 6-24x50mm - OpticsPlanet
Hoover Basketball Coach, Articles A