Can you help me out in finding out what kind of error this is and obviously if anyone alsenhas seen this. My local sports card store said check eBayI found no others. I dont have any error cards. None of it is particularly exciting and, certainly, nothing is valuable, but the little quirks can be fun to track down and I found a handful of them in this box. Copyright 2023 Trading Card Database LLC Some it would be a serial number (typically hand written or done in foil). Ernie Banks played for the Chicago Cubs in the National League his entire career. after INC & Missing (*) after Denotes, 1 NormalWhite Card Stock (a6) & 1 Tan Card Stock, 1 Normal Print w Blue Jersey & 1 Faded Print "pitcher" almost gone w Navy Jersey, 1 w White line extending into Top Blue Border & 1 Corrected / Air Brushed out, 1 Black Borders & 1 Charcoal Borders (a 6.5), 1 Normal Name & 1 with Yellow dot printed between the R and A on name, Err Home listed as "Lake Hills TX" & Corr listed as "San Antonio TX", Different color printing on backs of cards, Different color Red print in Name and Stat Box, 1 Normal Black Borders & 1 w Gray Borders, 1 Normal Border & 1 w 2 white circles in Border (a 8), Both Cards Have 635 Kurt instead of Curt, 1 has Black line printed through 627-629 names, 1 Blue Jersey & 1 Dark Blue / Purple Jersey, 1 Err Bio says throws Lef & 1 Cor Bio says throws Left, Mis print or Mis cut, Name of player shows bottom front & Gray top border missing on back, Different Color Red Printing in name & stats box, Err Ozzie Guillen throwing on back & COR Swinging on back, Both front and back are either mis Printed or Mis Cut, 1 Normal Red Print & 1 Orange Print (a 6), 1 Normal Topps Logo & 1 343c Topps Logo Lower on Front (a 7), 1 w Gap between Hat and Future Star & 1 w Little or No Gap between Hat and Future, 1 Normal Red Name & 1 Name outlined w Yellow, ERR says "top hitters at 33" & COR says "top hitters at 35", 1 Normal Borders & 1 w pink circle & blue Dot in it, Front different color name banner & Back different color red print in name and stat box, 1 Normal Print on Back & 1 All Dark Red Print, Prob a 7, Missing period after INC and Missing * after Denotes, 1 Normal Yellow Border & 1 Dark Yellow Border, Mis Cut or Mis Print, Name cut off and white border on bottom of front & Back is missing top gray border w white border showing on bottom, 1 Normal yellow border & 1 Deep yellow border, 1 Normal Print Card & 1 w printing from another card on top (EX 5), 1 COR "Throws Right" & 1 ERR "Throws Rig..", 1 Small gap between Future Star Topps logo and Hat & 1 Large gap between Future Star Topps logo and Hat, 1st E in Fleer is a mis print error. Yikes I popped open my 1989 Topps box in an effort to take a leisurely stroll down memory lane. On the back it is a normal clyde drexler card but again on the fron the 93 94 fleet ultra is on the wrong side of the card??? But the front of the card has Von Wafers name not Kobe Bryant. Don't be fooled by the listing as several claim to be the variation card, the true error is extremely noticeable once your eye becomes aware of it. When you think about it, this could happen fairly easily. 1989 Topps Baseball Errors & Variations: Ongoing Checklist 23 Jun 27a Orestes Destrade E*F* before copyright* 27b Orestes Destrade F* before copyright *Some copies have been found with solid black name/team banner - printing flaw* 62a Alfredo Griffin red bar over photo in top right border 62b Alfredo Griffin red bar partially airbrushed Notes - Delivery *Estimated delivery dates include shipping from the seller to the authenticator, authentication time, shipping from the authenticator to buyer, seller's handling time, origin ZIP Code, destination ZIP Code and time of acceptance and will depend on shipping service selected and receipt of cleared payment. It says on the back that he played at the Texas stadium. thanks Mike. Change). 1990 Bowman Errors & Variations: OngoingChecklist, 1991 Topps A*B* Sheet Code Variations: OngoingChecklist, Quick Look: 1993 Topps Black Gold FoilVariations. 2. Can you point me in the right direction? from United States How much do you think they are worth. Patrick is a frequent speaker and panelist at universities and events where he shares his insights on leadership, technology, and marketing. Oddly, I dont recall a lot of hype at the time for pitcher Randy Johnson, who has an 89 Topps rookie card, though The Big Unit went on to have a Hall of Fame career. Thanks for reading. - Contributors Variation #2: Shown on the left is Topps first attempt at correcting the card. - Collection Summary, Overview | Ive updated the article to include all three variations. 1989 Donruss Error MVP Error Baseball Cards AndreasAtticStore (153) $21.25 $25.00 (15% off) FREE shipping John Smoltz - 1989 Donruss Baseball Rookie Card # 642 - Mint / Pristine - 9.5-10 Grade for Sure - Rare Gem! Gallery | Its probably best to keep expectations on the modest side. Got a question, story idea or want to get in touch? New cards or old, both have multiple steps involved. They have been consistently found in this printing variety so frequently that it suggests a possible design change by Topps, however, at this point, I do not find them worth listing individually*, ***Manager cards can occasionally be found with a thick black vertical stripe on back. What are Error Cards and are they more valuable? I got 24 different base cards of HOF players, and duplicates of only two. There are numerous 1989 Topps with Black vs. Gray. By theyre very nature, theyre mistakes that werent supposed to happen like when a fast food restaurant forgets to put the beef patty on your cheese burger. I think this is just a case of too little Black ink being used/running low. Have a 2001 Black Diamond Patrick Roy with the stats for Vincent Lacavalier on the back. Sell Sheets / Ads | Collection Summary. Thank you in advance. While I love the idea of bubble gum cards, you can automatically toss the top and bottom cards in each pack due to wax and gum stains, which reduces your 540-card box by 72 cards. Outside the U.S. email me from. A good way to ID market value for your item is to list it on eBay with a high BIN/OBO and see what kind of offers you get. Les. I have 5 1970 Topps football cards where the backs of the cards also printed on the front. Bob Welch 1989 Topps #605 Variation Comparison Its all dependent on who it is and if the right collector comes along. 1989 Topps Traded Baseball Cards - 10 Most Valuable I figure if they will buy it for 200 it has to be worth more? Thanks. Opens in a new window or tab. ive got three rack cases to rip someday. Error Cards - Set Listing - Baseball Card Errors and Variations at Sometimes player on the front of the card doesnt match the one on the front. Im up for any Infor..Thanks Frank, Hi. Shouldnt that have been caught and lowered grade?? Quick Links: Heres another error from the late 1980s thats very easy to miss. Decided to keep it because I wasnt sure if it would be worth something. Like the Topps "Future Stars" and Donruss "Rated Rookies," Upper Deck wanted to include its own version of a rookie subset and so they . @Deb Im sorry but Im not clear on what youre looking for help with exactly. I have a 2010 Topps Baseball card the word Topps at the topp is spelled funny the T the bottom of it streghtes under the whole word.has anyone seen this? Need info. 25 Most Valuable 1989 Upper Deck Baseball Cards PSA | I wonder how frequently that printing flaw variation occurred. I can't confirm the Morris card, but this is an interesting new variation. 1989 Topps John Smoltz Error Card. Dime shaped red dot on chin - eBay Any idea what the value would be? If you collected in the late 1980s, it's perhaps the case that you're sitting on tons of 1989 Topps that nobody wants. Donruss#165, i have a 17-18 leaf pearl hockey Bill Barilko misprint which stats 8/3.still in original factory sealed case with seal still intact. List Gallery Gallery . I am looking forward to reading your 1990 Topps Baseball series article (I didnt see it out there after this tease). THE DIAMOND IN THE JUNK: #560 Rock Raines, 2019 Parkside Collectibles MLL Trading Cards Box Break, 50 Years Ago, the Miracle Mets Won it All, Diamonds in the Junk 1989 Topps Baseball. Checklist | Ive had collectors with 30+ years experience look at the card and never seeing it before. was wondering what the price on this might be or if there is anyone who might be interested, Back in 1997/8 I bought a pack of skybox got the Kobe Bryant frequent flyer #9 and the whole back was triple printed so I put it in a plastic..for years I looked around and online nothing like it everyones I see is normal..What now? The Topps trademark has been lifted higher, back to its original spot. Or it might just sit there. - Card Rankings I have never seen With another step comes the possibility of more mistakes. Sheets have a specific layout. Card Rankings MNT- NMMT, Mark McGwire Rookie 1988 Topps #580 Oakland Athletics All Star RC(ERROR CARD WT). 1992 Topps basketball Dana Barros incorrectly cut card. Im just not familiar off the top of my head. Card Rankings I picked up a Topps Ernie Banks error card in a trade about 5 years ago. Normally, these are caused by part of the production chain. Again RyanDeb Seeton. Just found a Rashaun Woods sp Jersey auto card should be no.201 and mine is no.200 any value? 1st stamp was error in spelling and second stamp was the fix. Ive searched online and found nothing. Ive noticed this for years. Do you have your receipt? The error is on the plate as it says Most Valuable Player AMERICAN LEAGUE. Help me please this situation is so fustration, Im about to pull my last 8 hairs out of my head. Some of these listed are not traditional errors, but printing flaws. Its a card of a pitcher (forgot the name cause its been in storage for years) and he has a blur double of himself coming out of his body, kinda like a spirit just leaving the body type effect. 1988 Topps Baseball Error Card Mark McGwire 87 Record Breakers #3 Cyan Triangle! - Comments He is the author of, Student to Founder: Secrets to creating a student organization in college and starting a business after graduation. i just opened a pack of 2000 skybox dominion, i found a doug flutie card with the name patrick johnson on it from the balitmore ravens. I recently opened two 1989 Topps vending boxes I bought at a show last year, and found one of them to be stuffed with many of these variations variations a pink triangle Jefferson, a Welch, two Sheffields with the white line and ghosting and two other variations that arent listed here #253 Jose Alvarez and #271 Jay Tibbs Tibbs is located directly above Alvarez on the B* sheet, and a magenta semi-circle seems is imprinted from the lower edge of the Tibbs card to the Upper edge of the Alvarez. Which was the cowboy stadium. - Sell Sheets / Ads Putting a gauge on what these sorts of errors are worth is tough. The picture and stats are from the Dallas Cowboys but the name says San Francisco 49ers as well. The whole 1989 Donruss set This isn't really an error per se, but it shows the futility of trying to list every single error card. **Several cards, specifically the Pirates, Giants and Reds, can be found with very dark team/name banners. It appears to be a Wrong Back error as described in the article. I only discovered the existence of one of these variations a couple years back, at which point I had already put in over 25 years of collecting experience. Its pretty cool. They were from 4 wax boxes that also contained some horrible miscuts that I can make out portions of the sheet layout with parts of two cards on one. Also, congrats on balanced colation of the inking varieties. Student to Founder: Secrets to creating a student organization in college and starting a business after graduation. They will be repackaged in after market packs and on the shelves within a month. I like the way that you showed the cards together. It appears to be a wrong back with Carlos Rogers on the back. The one open has the COMPLETE 1988 FLEER SET INSIDE printed twice on top and the 660 CARDS & 45 STICKERS that should be on top of the box is on the front. i dont understand how my 92-93 could have hes back so early. I just came across a Roberto Clemente 2989 card. Its been years. Soon after its mid-February release, many collectors attempting to build 2006 Topps Series I sets were asking the same question - "Where the hell is. Selecting aDiamond in the Junk from this box did not come without its challenges. Back in 1989, Philadelphia-based baseball card company Fleer produced one of the most notorious modern-day errors in history when it released the rookie card of Baltimore Oriole Bill Ripken (brother of superstar Cal) holding a baseball bat, with the words "Fuck Face" scrawled across the bat knob in black ink. Itd be easy to happen if a couple of sheets stuck together. But you probably experienced that today if you encountered the Blue Screen of Death on your computer. These are included with the container full of Gary Sheffield cards we bought years ago. Please help I have a 2017 donruss with mike pizza on the front and frank Thomas on the back. The final version of the card included in all factory sets had the knob of the bat covered with a black box. I have been collecting for 30 years and remember the Sheffield hype well. This is the fully corrected, and most common card. Please enter the verification code that you received on your email. He was a member of the Atlanta Braves, Boston Red Sox, Cincinnati Reds, and Detroit Tigers. (LogOut/ Thought I'd share this highly unusual variation of card 618, Rance Mulliniks I found weeding out a box of commons I picked up recently. I have twenty six 1993 94 Ultra basketball cards that has is a error card I will name one of them Dennis Rodman on the back and Robert Horry on the front I had these cards since 1992 I love looking at the cards just wondering if they would have any value to them I dont know, I have a bowman hocley card joe nieuwendyk pictured on front and on back reads pierre turgeon at the top and has number 145 that is not turgeon or nieuwendyk its mike krushelnyski do you know anything about this cardthank you, I have a NFL RE PLAYS Peyton Manning series 3with Elis number and name series 2. - Rookies I also have an Allen Iverson Topps Stadium Club that is not focused. Has any one arm another chrome bordered 2006 Bowman Chrome card? However, often, theyre in miscut territory. Bob Welch's Strikeout of Reggie Pushed Pre-Price Guide Rookie Card | Sports Collectors Daily | Sports collecting news, Jim Rice 2007 Sweet Spot AU Placed Upside Down, Topps Issues Brandon Marsh 2022 Finest Aura of Excellence Superfractor without AU, Panini Puts George Brett Cut Signature on Babe Ruth 2022 National Treasures Booklet, Plainfield Sports & Non-Sports Card Show | 2023 Dates, Cincinnati Sports Card and Memorabilia Show | 2023 Dates. It sounds like a Wrong Back, which are mentioned in the article. I actually have 2 days cards I am curious about. Would they even grade this card? Back in 2009 I got some O-Pee-Chee Hockey metal (Chrome) cards that the backs were Bowman baseball cards. anyone selling it nor can i find any real info on it. OK Guys Stop it..Now I am going to have to rip my rack case while watching the Flyers on TV tonight. Even the rare variations of cards from this set arent all that rare because they printed enough of this stuff to go around several times over. I figured there were more. Granted its his 6th year card so not expecting it to allow me to retire. Today I ripped open a box of 1989 Topps baseballand rode the wave of nostalgia that came with it. He has been interviewed on Good Day New Mexico and in Albuquerque The Magazine. The Lacavalier foil is on the Patrick Roy card. Buy It Now +C $22.55 shipping estimate. Errors have a long and storied history in the hobby. Teams | Then when you try and replace it, they give you the run around. Whether it be actual error cards or color variations, the 1989 Topps Baseball set is plagued with issues. That said, lets shed some light on the Bob Welch 1989 Topps #605A. He said he remembered the bad sheet with error and apparently they forgot to move the sheet before stamping the sheet. - Teams That card has been a standard-bearer in the hobby for decades, but it wasn't the only Junior choice that summer, as Fleer and Donruss bought into . Happy Holidays. But usually, these kinds of cards are outliers. @Stephen Sounds like a missing foil, which are mentioned in the article. - Pricing Missing some color, colors, partial color Looks like color worn off, but I think it is the the start of printer running out of ink. I have a Topps 50th anniversary Travis Henry Buffalo Bills card. I believe i have a 1955 #50 jackie robinson that has no color in the back and is missing the letter T in the corner topps which jus spells opps I have a 2019 Shane Bieber future stars card 271 on the back the top of 271 is missing black ink and it has series . Needless to say, these cards dont yield the best results from grading. I thought about auction block. The price guide is available here (subscription required): https://www.beckett.com/online-price-guide. In stead of 1 also above the stats where home town is listed it is not fully stamped and also where 2019 topps is located at the bottom is missing ink spotting. If you collected in the late 1980s, its perhaps the case that youre sitting on tons of 1989 Topps that nobody wants. - Hall of Famers Thanks for any input! Centered and cut perfect. 1989 Topps Baseball MLB Uncut Sheet - 7 Hall of Fame players cards. Even at the time of its release, 89 Topps fell behind rival card sets. If no one else is able, I would appreciate your help tomorrow. And on rare occasions you get a card that is so messed up that you cant really tell what the card is because youve got two or even an intersection of four cards. just found Boggs #399 with and without a yellow circle just below his right elbow. Im old, with lots of cards, having fun, so back in to it. I was a pressman for 22 years so I know the mistake they did and how that happened. As well as the upper deck logo in the top left hand corner and 1 of the upperdeck stamps is covering up the tm after the logo. We are able to see the hockey stick(only the shaft) on the left and on the right 4/4 of the shaft. I have already reviewed 1988 Topps for this series, and after this latest effort, I do not look forward to 1990. - Gallery 1989 Topps baseball errors: The comprehensive list - YouTube It is a rather yawn-worthy design by my eye, but everything was hotly-desired in the card-crazed late 80s, so Topps printed incalculable amounts that are sitting in card store backrooms still today. i did a little research and that player wasnt even in the set of cards that year. Do those numbers mean its one of 30, total in the world? Hopefully others out there will post some info on it. When it comes to cards, things get messed up from time to time. However, the majority of those that are widely recognized in the hobby come from things like spelling mistakes and wrong photos oops moments that happen before a card heads off to the printer. Deb Seeton again, some were actually face to face. The white bar under his name has been removed, and the Topps trademark is very close to Sheffields name. What would a card like this be worth and is there a market for something like this? 10 Best 1989 Topps Baseball Cards To Buy Plus Error List We do not factor unsold items into our prices. 1989 Topps Traded Ken Griffey Jr. (#41T) Of course, the most iconic Griffey rookie card is the very first card that Upper Deck ever issued (aside from those 1988 promos), card #1 in the 1989 UD set. I just found a 1993 Topps Joe Montana #200 with no name on front and a ToppsGold and Warren Moon Stamp on back.. have not see any like this was thinking about sending it in to get graded. Can anyone shed some light on the 1989 Star Co Hensley Meulens (card #99) (St.Petersburg )error. - Glossary Estimated PSA 10 Value: $2,000. Collectors Corner | In this version, Garys chin is higher up in the photo and the top of his hat touches the e in Future Star, which is placed higher up on the card. Nobody sets out to mess up, but it doesn't always work out that way. If it is so terrible, why is it back so often? Just wondering if anybody else found anything like that? Home - Baseball Card Errors and Variations at BaseballErrors.com Contributors | But, to get a NNOF Frank, you're likely needing to shell out thousand of dollars. I found the Oliva blacked out version #665c in my childhood collection. All rights reserved. Top 50 Bowman Chrome Rookie Auto Cards in 2020 ; The Most Expensive Modern Sports Cards in the Hobby; Zion Wiliamson's Top 20 Sports Cards; NFL's Top 100 Players of All-Time & Their Key Football Cards Base Cards: Options . I have a 2015 Juan Perez card, but on the back it has pitching stats and says hes a pitcher, even though he is a outfielder. This is the version that, if you were to buy a brick of copies of this card, most, if not all of them would be this version. Penny for your thoughts Randy. Is this card Worth anything. In some instances where subtle variations are found between different copies of the same card, the uncommon variation is often found exclusively in factory sets. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Even then, big money is often the exception. 10 Greatest Baseball Error Cards of All Time - Gold Card Auctions I have a 1988 Cal Ripken Jr and 1988 Mark McGuire both look like the were double printed or off somehow Ive looked all over for other examples of them but cant find anything. - Change Log 1989 Fleer Bill Ripken BLACK BOX Over FF Face Error Card #616 Rare NM MINT PSA 8 $36.99 calendar_month 02/26/2023 1990 Upper Deck #124 George Brett PSA 9 Error Card 133 Runs Should Be 1300-#485 $9.00 calendar_month 02/26/2023 1989 Fleer Billy Ripken Error Card $63.00 calendar_month 02/26/2023 Looks like Super Bowl 25 (XXV). #1. The green smudge in the bottom of the baseball on the back is a common print defect in several cards in the 1961 set, but for some reason PSA has elected to grade it as a variation and list it in their mastery registry checklist as such. The border is a few millimeters wide and from that I can discern that is in fact an Eric Desjardins card from 95-96. Thoughts as far as value? You might take a few moments to rummage through that mess and see if you have this card. 4,107. I have scoured the internets looking for any intel on these cards, but no luck. I have a 2004-05 Upper Deck First Class Rookies Pro Sigs NBA card Shaun Livingston misprint card where the front has nothing but Shauns picture (no signature), but on the back it has Luol Dengs Pro Sigs information. I have a few mixed up hockey cards the first is a 1992 upper deck hockey heros card of Wayne Gretzky and Gordie Howe card #20 of 27 which is a miscut the words Upper Deck on top are 3/4s cut off and I have 2 or 3 Leaf hockey cards that have mis-prints the card of John Lecler but the foil printing of leaf and the name are upside down the name says Teemu Selanne. It is well centered so I feel its not the cut issue reported for card, this just has no name. I have a NFL Pro Set Super Bowl Supermen Winston Hill T Jets card thats blank on the back. These are manufactured intentionally as blank backs and sold as one-of-ones. Packaging | Coinflation. Number 554 the weird part is error is ink dripped towards the bottoms the red smeared a little. I have the Texas rangers Nolan Ryan 5000k card one of the series. I have obtained more Nieves and know believe it was just a garden variety printing flaw wherein the printing plates did not align properly. Not a major deal with todays $5-$10 junk wax, but a bit more frustrating back in the day when people were hand-collating these sets. Diamonds in the Junk - 1989 Topps Baseball - PSA Blog Historic sales data are completed sales with a buyer and a seller agreeing on a price. It is a 1990 Bowman Mark McGwire #234. (ps there issomeone sellign a diff type of error but same card (missing godlen Bulls) right on e bay for a ridicooous amount). Send me an email at jacksoncoupage@yahoo.com and we can discuss further. Heres How to Tell Them Apart. Wish we could upload pics. A truly impossible to pull card. About Press Copyright Contact us Creators Advertise Developers Terms Privacy Policy & Safety How YouTube works Test new features Press Copyright Contact us Creators . © 1999 - 2023 Collectors Universe, Inc. For whatever reason, a lot of times, missing foil cards come in bunches. Gary Sheffield 1989 Topps #343 Variation Comparison
When Did Ding Dong Stop Using Foil, 2022 Solstice And Equinox Dates, Articles OTHER